I’m so looking forward to the long weekend! Thanksgiving can be such a warm, wonderful time of year, but it can also be stressful. Give your mama, grandma or dad a big hug and kiss if they are doing the cooking/baking. For those of you who do find the holidays to be a bit stressful, I have provided a quick exercise below. It only takes 2-3 min. It’s so fast and easy to do but it can really get you back into a relaxed and calm state if things aren’t going well (hey, if this doesn’t work there is always wine). Give it a try if you are feeling frazzled this weekend.
This exercise is simple but powerful. It is designed to connect you with the beauty of the natural environment and to calm you down. It only takes about 2 min and it is especially useful when you’re rushing around and stressed.
• Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee
• Go outside into the front or backyard and take a seat
• Pick a natural element within your immediate environment and focus on watching it for a minute or two. This could be a leaf, tree, bird, cloud, whatever
• Don’t do anything except notice the thing you are looking at. But really notice it. Look at it as if you are seeing it for the first time
• Take a few deep breaths and sip your tea and coffee. Allow yourself to be consumed by whatever you are looking at. I.e. if you are looking at a maple leaf, really notice all the colours and the shape
• After a few more deep breaths and a few more sips head back inside
I’m so thankful to everyone who has supported me and Mind Matters Fitness. Thank you for all of the advice, pumpage on the internet, the love. Thank you to my friends, family and clients. I wish you all a happy and healthy Thanksgiving! Take the time to enjoy it with family and friends.